Cold Smoker Help
If you are using wood dust that is not from ProQ® or you find that the dust is not staying lit, you may try the following…
- Microwave the dust on high for 30 seconds, or place it on a baking tray in the oven on a low temp for about 30 minutes, this will help dry the dust out.
- Make sure the ProQ Cold Smoke Generator is clean – Use warm soapy water and an old toothbrush.
- Also try pressing the dust down lightly with your finger into the cold smoke generator before lighting it.
- Once lit, blow gently on the lit area to ensure it is glowing well.
- Make sure you have sufficient air flow (bottom vent open and top vent only slightly open) you want to have as much smoke that is being generated leaving the smoke chamber through the top vent.