Pulled pork sandwiches are fantastic with cole slaw, and this is our favourite recipe so far.
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 2 crunchy apples, very finely sliced
- 2/3 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, or natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and add the sliced apple. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; adjust seasoning and add more sugar if desired.
Cover and chill well before serving.